Friday, June 1, 2012

HOW TO: Groom Your Brows



The part of your face that you can change the most dramatically is your eyebrows. You can have them thick, thin, dyed, etc. When shaped correctly, it can make your eyes brighter than they naturally are. It also makes you look more feminine. No matter how beautiful your make up is, messy eyebrows will just throw everything off. That's why it's important to wax or thread to keep your brows neat.

If you have no idea how to shape them, it's best to have a professional do it in the salon. I recently had mine done in Piandre in Eastwood by Ms. Au, and I was really impressed. I've always had a difficult time with my own brows because my arch is non-existent. I don't recommend plucking, since I found out recently that it makes your skin sag with all the repetitive pulling :(
My un-filled brows. 


How to Shape: Using a pencil, find your eyebrow shape with the guide below:

A - The  beginning of the eyebrow should begin above the inner corner of your eye
B - The end of your eyebrow
C - Where your arch should be

When you've achieved your desired shape, it's time to fill them in:

Option One : EYEBROW PENCIL

Using light and feathery strokes, fill in your eyebrows with a light brown/dark brown pencil (Never use BLACK). I usually start at the top of the brow, then the bottom, and connect it to the tail. Brush it lightly with an eyebrow brush to soften any hard edges. Personally and professionally, I love the L'oreal  Super Liner for Eyebrows in Light Brown.






Option Two : Brush + Brown Matte Powder (eyeshadow will do)

Using an angled brush, fill in your brows lightly with the brown shadow. Make sure it has NO GLITTER OR SHINE of any sort. Matte shadows like CORK and ESPRESSO from M.A.C are what I use for my clients. We want our brows to look naturally full!

Here's after filling out my brows: (I don't define it too much especially for everyday because it makes me look too overdone)






No comments:

Post a Comment